Family Play & Learn
Family Play & Learn is a free drop-in program for parents/caregivers and their child(ren) birth-6 years. Located at the Fort St. John Child Development Centre 10417 106Ave.
Our space offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere where parents/caregivers are able to share and learn new ways to support their child’s learning and development through play, both at the program and at home.
• Infants-safe area for babies to engage in developmentally appropriate activities that promote growth in all areas of development
• Toddlers-space and programming has specific design elements for toddlers (18-36 months)
• Children 3-6yrs-social interaction and our open-ended activities allow for creativity and building on skills
• Qualified Early Childhood Educator on site to support learning, answer questions
and help connect families to information, resources and services
As Fort St. John is subject to such long winter months, we wanted to create a space and program that endeavors to meet the increasing need in our community for more opportunities for parents/caregivers of young children to connect with one another as a means to decrease isolation and build greater community.
Here at Family Play & Learn, we provide an inclusive environment where all families can feel comfortable to participate. We rely on parent participation to help foster positive and safe interactions between children.
We are excited for you to come and explore our Family Play & Learn program.
Family Play & Learn Hours of Operation (subject to change)
We offer sessions:
• Mondays 9-11am & 1-3pm
• Tuesdays 9-12
• Wednesdays -closed for Outreach
• Thursdays 9-11am & 1-3pm
• Fridays 9-12
Open- March 2022 Drop-in is back!
We are happy to welcome families back in March and our program is back to drop-in.
Drop-in works as follows
• You do not need to pre-register
• Children birth-6 years are welcome to attend with their parent/caregiver
• Families choose when to attend during our operating hours, there is a capacity of 15 children per session (first come first served basis)
Please like our CDC Facebook page so you will receive updates posted about the Family Play and Learn program; closures or any changes to how the program is delivered.
If you have questions please call the CDC 250-785-3200.
Family Play and Learn will be closed Monday September 19, 2022
Please check our monthly calendar for updates and closures
Family Play & Learn is funded by the Ministry of Children & Family Development (MCFD).